Pure Dark Patchouli Oil of Pogostemon cablin:
- Grown in Indonesia
- Ethically Farmed
- steam distilled essential oil from patchouli leaf,
- Pogostemon cablin Benth., fam. Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
- Synonyms: Patchouly, pogostemon cablin oil, pogostemon patchouli oil, tilam wangi oil
- Our Patchouli Oil is dark reddish brown in color with a heavy, earthy, musky, sweet aroma
- Our Dark Patchouli Oil is 100% Pure and Natural - without additives, pesticides or carrier oils.
- MSDS essential oil safety data sheet
- Shelf Life - Patchouli Oil improves with age and will last for several years
Patchouli Oil is known as sensual, romantic, natural aphrodisiac - most people either love the aroma or simply hate it. Aroma therapists utilize Patchoul Oil in skin care blends as this essential oil contains ketones which benefit skin regeneration, wound healing and congested skin on a cellular level. This oil is one of the best essential oils for skin care. Dark Patchouli Oil is best used in a highly diluted form for topical applications and in short durations. Patchouli Oil is a very centering, grounding and healing oil that works well in meditation and spiritual blends. Aroma therapists note antifungal and antibacterial properties with Patchouli Oil, and the oil is often used in cosmetics for fungal infections, bacterial infections, ringworm, athlete's foot and dermatitis. Read more about the properties, uses and benefits of pure Patchouli Oil below.
Patchouli Oil Main Properties, Uses, and Benefits
This table explains Patchouli Oil Properties, Uses, and Benefits and lists common uses and healing properties of Patchouli oil. The table also reviews the best methods of application when using Patchouli oil of Pogostemon cablin in aromatherapy.
- Spiritual Connection
- Confusion, Indecision
- Seductive, Aphrodisiac
- Dry Skin, Dermatitis
- Fungus, Bacteria
- Stimulate Cell Regeneration
- Main Constituent Patchoulol (over 32%) (Sesquiterpenes)
- Cosmetics: Soap, Perfume
- Body Spray
NONE KNOWN. However, some believe Patchouli oil should be avoided during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use essential oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Use extreme caution when using essential oils with children and give children only the gentlest essential oils at extremely low doses. It is safest to consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using essential oils with children. A skin patch test should be conducted prior to using an aromatherapy oil that you've never used before. Always dilute pure Patchouli Oil with a carrier oil or cosmetic base prior to skin application.
Buy Patchouli Oil:
Our Dark Patchouli Oils are sealed with regular caps. You can add a reducer cap, glass dropper top or plastic pipette to any oil - just visit our accessories page.